2023 is rapidly drawing to a close and frankly, it’s a kind of a bittersweet time for us. We are definitely looking forward to everything the coming year has in store for EGS, but much of that optimism stems from all the great things that happened over the past year—for us, our clients, and our partners. The following highlights are just some of the reasons we are excited for what lies ahead in 2024.
- As many of you know, our mission statement is “Impacting lives through improving business performance.” It’s been our privilege to have delivered on that mission for clients over 20 times in 2023 alone and for that we are truly grateful. The work we do together is meaningful and so are the results.
- We are excited to have been able to welcome three new employees onto the EGS team to help serve our clients and support our growth—Scott Zehner, Director of Business Development; Marty Dombroske, Profitability Coach; and Johnny Hyde, Marketing Director.
- Now in our third season, our “Making Business Profitable” podcast continues to gather followers as our listenership has steadily grown. Mike and Dave never fail to deliver rich insights in their own unique, down-to-earth, and easy-going style. Every episode is fifteen minutes profitability gold, wrapped in wit and wisdom with a dash of fun to boot.
- In July, we welcomed owners and leaders of machine shops from around the country to our management training seminar for next generation leaders. The two-day event was held at Fossil Trace Golf Course overlooking downtown Golden and received many positive reviews from participants.
- Our second annual “Double Your Value Business Planning Summit” was once again well received, with machine shop owners from many different states participating. Thanks to our many sponsors and industry partners, we were able to deliver a high-quality experience for attendees.
- And last, but certainly not least, we began production of a groundbreaking new show called “Shop Rescue”, a three-part series (in cooperation with Tony Gunn of MTDCNC) that chronicles the story of two dedicated machine shop owners and their journey from ridiculous hours and meager profits to a healthier bottom line and better quality of life outside of work. Final shooting wrapped in November and editing is in full swing right now. The release date is currently targeted for mid- to late- January, 2024.
A big “Thank you!” to everyone who helped make 2023 a great year. 2024 promises to be better still, and we’re excited to impact even more lives by improving business performance for our clients.